RES Software Caps 2010 with Record Bookings of $12.9 million in Q4
Rapid Global Expansion and Major Product Developments Led to 1,000 New Customer Implementations in 2010
PHILADELPHIA & AMSTERDAM--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--RES Software, the proven leader in dynamic desktop solutions, today announced that it achieved record growth in 2010, with fourth quarter bookings topping $12 million and product license sales up more than 30 percent for the year. This growth was spurred by significant growth in new global markets, major enhancements to its product line and the increasing strength of new and existing partner and customer relationships, including a major North American distribution deal with Arrow Enterprise Computing Solutions.
Noteworthy figures for 2010 include:
- Bookings increased more than 100 percent in Q4, resulting in over $12.9 million in license and maintenance bookings
- Over 45 percent year-over-year growth in deferred revenue
- A 30 percent increase in product license sales
- 1,000 total new customer implementations using RES Workspace Manager and RES Automation Manager
- Certified RES professionals within the channel exceeded 500
- Revenue from international markets outside of its headquarters in the Netherlands surpassed 40 percent of total revenue
The following developments propelled RES Software to success in 2010 and solidified the foundation it needs to best serve its global customer and partner base in the coming year:
- Global Organizational Expansion and Developments – A long-standing leader in parts of the European market, RES Software extended its presence to North America and other European countries in 2010. Since that time the company has expanded its headcount in those regions significantly, and added industry leading business development and technology experts to its team. The company also received an additional round of funding from investor Gimv to help propel its growth. Lastly, RES Software rolled out a new branding initiative, reflecting its drive to effectively meet customer and partner needs on a global scale.
- Product Innovation – Continued research and innovation resulted in the addition of a number of new features to RES Software’s award winning product line including the introduction of RES Virtual Desktop Extender (VDX) which received a US Patent in 2010. The company also developed a software suite to help organizations move towards more strategic and cost effective IT as a Service models. The Dynamic Desktop Studio combines RES Workspace Manager and RES Automation Manager.
- Channel Partner and Customer Growth – The addition of many new customers and partners in 2010 contributed to massive license sales by RES Software. Strong support and maintenance programs supported significant deferred revenue growth as well. The company added more than 40 new value added resellers globally. Additionally, with the launch of its RES Sales Champs program, more than 500 members of channel community are now certified as members of the RES sales and technical organizations. Customer growth was marked by RES Software achieving its 1 millionth license in the first half of 2010, including several key customers in the financial services and healthcare industries. By the end of 2010, total licenses sold reached about 1.3 million.
- Solidified Technology Partner Relationships – Throughout 2010, RES Software continued to demonstrate its strong bond with some of the industry’s largest technology vendors, including Microsoft, Citrix and VMware with product enhancements that created deeper synergies between the RES Software solutions and the respective offerings of each.
The results from 2010 further solidify RES Software as a global provider of enterprise-class desktop management solutions. Throughout the year, RES demonstrated its leadership in cutting desktop management costs, while providing IT the ability to monitor, manage and secure the end user’s workspace across diversified user platforms, including laptops, desktops, tablets and smartphones. The modern desktop poses one of the most significant management and security challenges facing today’s IT professionals. The emergence of the “hybrid desktop,” where users no longer interact with corporate computing via a single stationary device, has created a whole new host of issues.
Today’s user leverages corporate computing resources via a range of different devices. Applications access is delivered through multiple channels including those that are locally-installed, virtualized (such as Microsoft App-V), remote via Citrix and RDP as well as desktops in private or public clouds. These issues are expected to rise as more organizations face change on the desktop, including Windows 7 migrations, increasing numbers of roaming users, bring-your-own-computer programs, and other new computing models that enter the fold. The RES Software Dynamic Desktop Studio is the only complete offering that allows IT the flexibility, automation and reliability needed to manage the hybrid desktop effectively and cost efficiently.
“This has been an unprecedented year of growth and innovation for our organization. The continued expansion of our customer and partner bases globally serves as a clear validation of our deep understanding of the IT needs today’s organizations are facing and our leading products and services,” said Klaus Besier, chairman and CEO of RES Software. “We’re looking forward to several product launches during the first quarter of the year, including the availability of VDX as a standalone solution, and the release of RES Workspace Manager 2011. As the desktop environment continues to evolve and require our products to simplify the management of what is offered to users and when, we expect to build on this momentum throughout 2011 and beyond.”
For more information on RES Software please visit:
About RES Software
RES Software, the proven leader in dynamic desktop solutions is driving a transformation in the way organizations manage, maintain and reduce the cost of their desktop infrastructure. The RES Software award-winning, patented products enable IT professionals to manage and deliver secure, personalized and compliant desktops independent of the underlying computing infrastructure – thin clients, virtual desktops, physical desktops, or server-based computing environments. The company empowers customers, from small to medium-sized businesses to global enterprises, to reduce desktop complexity and meet the essential needs of a dynamic workforce that requires on-demand access to their personalized workspaces. For more information, follow updates on Twitter @ressoftware and visit www.ressoftware.com.
For Inquiries within North America:
Lorena Crowley, 610-994-9718
Marketing Communications Manager
Shannon Breen, 781-487-4607