The fast-growing Dutch Joolz founded in 2000, designs and manufactures award-winning premium pushchairs. Joolz differentiates itself through the quality of its products and ergonomic design, as well as its unique modern brand and culture. Their stylish and distinctive pushchairs are designed to positively accommodate both child and parent. Joolz goal is to inspire young families to enjoy a positive life, i.e. a sustainable and healthy lifestyle. This aim is reflected in their ergonomic products, re-usable packaging, the Joolz Birth Forest, the partners with whom they work and the steps they take in sustainability.
Today the company sells its products through retailers (i.e. specialty chains, boutiques) in 25 countries and already has leading positions in i.a. the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. End 2016, Joolz was successfully introduced in the US market.
- Joolz is ready to become a global top 3 competitor driven by the quality of its products and design, and brand positioning.
- Perfect fit between Gimv and Joolz in terms of brand positioning, company culture and growth ambitions.
- Moreover, the growth in the worldwide niche of premium pushchairs is supported by multiple societal trends, like urbanisation and sustainability. Gimv's expertise in the high-end infant and kids niche market, i.a. through our investment in Melijoe.com, will have a positive impact on Joolz to realize its ambitions.
As an active sparring partner, we support Joolz with
- fulfilling its ambition to become a global, premium and meaningful pushchair brand in the baby industry.
- its geographical expansion, in Europe and abroad
- the launch of new products (strollers and accessories)