4 forward-looking investment platforms
The more than fifty companies in which Gimv participates today operate in various sectors. Our four investment platforms - Connected Consumer, Health & Care, Smart Industries & Sustainable Cities - set the stage for significant progress and pioneering innovations. Our companies are providing answers to the social issues of tomorrow: sustainability, ageing, health care, urbanisation, globalisation, ecological food, renewable energy and more. They are daring to look further ahead and set the bar high, keen to transform their sectors with their products and services. They believe that major social impact goes hand in hand with sustainable growth.
Following distinct social and economic macro-trends with strong growth potential, we have translated our vision into four investment platforms, each with a differentiated investment approach.
- ambitious and innovative companies with strong growth potential
- small to medium-sized companies with enterprise values up to EUR 250 million
- companies with capital needs of between EUR 5 and 50 million
- companies headquartered in Benelux, France or the DACH countries
- companies with strong management, clear business visions and a strategy based on sustainable value creation and social added value.
Flexible partner with solid balance sheet
We invest directly in companies, mainly out of our balance sheet resources. With this strong balance sheet and permanent access to capital - being listed on Euronext Brussels since 1997 - we can present Gimv as a flexible and evergreen partner. This flexibility also translates into a wide range of investment structures (buyout, growth capital or venture capital for the life sciences sector), through both majority and minority investments.
Six levers for value creation
- Accelerating sales by expanding sales networks or entering new market segments
- Global anchoring by enabling companies to grow from local champions to leading global players
- Buy-and-build or growth through acquisitions
- From product innovation to go-to-market by developing and bringing to market new products or business models
- Operational excellence adapted to the growth process that each company passes through (reporting, organisational structure…)
- Strategically positioning the company for its next growth phase, for example by attracting potential new investors.
Selected portfolio stories
To invest in tomorrow’s market leaders is to invest in sustainable growth.
As an investment company, we want to create sustainable strategic added value that goes beyond the merely financial and seeks solutions for the major economic and social challenges facing us today. We are doing this together with our portfolio companies and will continue doing so in the next 40 years.