Position at Gimv within Smart Industries team
- Gimv is a European investment company with over four decades experience in private equity. The company is listed on Euronext Brussels. Gimv currently manages around 2 billion EUR of investments in about 50 portfolio companies. As a recognized market leader in selected investment platforms, Gimv identifies entrepreneurial and innovative companies with high-growth potential and supports them in their transformation into market leaders and establishing long term success.
- Gimv’s four investment platforms - Connected Consumer, Health & Care, Smart Industries and Sustainable Cities - work with a skilled and dedicated team across Gimv’s home markets comprising the Benelux, France and Germany.
- The person we are looking for will work within the international team of Smart Industries, currently consisting of 13 great assets across our 4 regions & hubs.
- Smart industries invests in companies where technology or technical knowledge drives value creation. As such, our portfolio consists of software companies, engineered product firms and champions in advanced manufacturing. Watch our movie to get a better insight.
- Support the deal teams in all aspects, including market analysis, business model understanding, financial modeling, valuation and general project management
- Support Smart Industries as a thought leader in establishing IT/digital agenda towards our portfolio companies
- Support the Partners and Principals in managing portfolio companies and their ad hoc projects
- Identify attractive, high potential investment targets, focused on Belgium
- Analyze business & investment situations via ao data integration & scraping
Qualifications / Background
- Master Degree, e.g. in IT or digital skills, combined with a touch of business or finance
- Up to 2-3 years’ relevant work experience e.g. in ICT or digital environment
- Strong IT or digital insights and experience
- Passion for Finance & Investing
- Transactional / project management experience is a plus
- Prior exposure to (business models in) the Smart Industries space is a plus
- Experience in working in an international organization is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French
- Strong critical analysis capabilities to synthesize and distil complex information
- Project management
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- Dynamic, hands-on and positive personality
- Entrepreneurial & commercial spirit
- Eye for detail
- Quick learner
What we offer
- Dynamic job environment
- High learning curve in an international setting
- Diversity in work scope (market understanding, financial modelling, strategy development, deal structuring, deal sourcing)
- Senior exposure within the SI team and towards portfolio companies
- Attractive remuneration package
- Antwerp, with frequent interactions with other offices (Paris, the Hague, Munich)
When interested, please send your cv and a short (Dutch!) motivation letter.
After a review and a first screening, you will be invited for a meeting to discuss skill set, motivation and fit to the team.