The Life Sciences platform focuses on venture capital investments in pre-revenue R&D-driven companies that positively impact human health.
Life Sciences mainly provides venture capital to preclinical and clinical stage drug development companies across Europe, and selectively to other life science areas like medtech, digital health, industrial- and agro-biotech.
Our team of dealmakers with strong complementary scientific and business backgrounds actively supports life science companies on their trajectory from early pre-clinical proof-of-concept to clinical success. Together with likeminded entrepreneurs, we put strong emphasis on addressing unmet clinical needs, thereby creating a positive impact on society.
The Life Sciences platform builds on a 40 year successful track record of Gimv as investor in the life science space, with numerous success stories like Ablynx, , Breath, Covagen, Devgen, Prosensa and Prosonix.
- Drug development; pre-clinical and clinical
- Opportunistically other life science areas
With Life Sciences, Gimv contributes to realizing the UN SDGs.
Life Sciences, our new dedicated platform
After solid growth within Gimv’s existing Healthcare platform, a dedicated Life Sciences platform will strengthen the role of Gimv in the international life science VC ecosystem. The key investment focus remains to look for solutions to the many unmet healthcare needs.
Learn more about Gimv and our Life Sciences platform by downloading the PDF factsheet. In this factsheet you will find:
- Our 5 pillars for value creation
- A deeper look into our portfolio
- An overview of the international Life Sciences team
- Our unique investment approach in Life Sciences
Our 3 pillars in Life Sciences
- disruptive technology platforms for drug discovery or development
- innovative mode-of-actions, leading to new drug classes
Asset centric product plays
- Late pre-clinical or early clinical stage opportunities
- First-in-class or best-in-class assets with clear commercial differentiation
Medical devices, diagnostics, agro-biotech & digital health
- Class II or III implants, diagnostics or digital health companies close to or with commercial approval
- Agro/food biotech with focus on environmental and/or human health benefits