Report of the Annual, Special and Extraordinary General Shareholders’ Meeting - Approval of a gross dividend of EUR 2.50 per share in the form of an optional dividend
Today Gimv held its Annual, Special and Extraordinary General Meeting (GM). 38,78% of the shares were represented (9 861 458 shares). The GM approved the gross dividend of EUR 2.50 per share (EUR 1.75 net) in the form of an optional dividend.
Today, the GM accepted the Board of Directors’ proposal to pay a gross dividend of EUR 2.50 (EUR 1.75 net) per share in the form of an optional dividend. This corresponds to a gross dividend yield of 4.7% on the closing price of the Gimv-share on 23 June 2020.
As from 1 July 2020, shareholders will have the option to contribute their dividend to Gimv’s capital under the following conditions:
- Contribution for net dividends: EUR 1.75 per dividend right.
- Contribution ratio: 26 dividend rights per new share.
- Issue price per new share: EUR 45.5, which means a discount of 9.9% compared to the closing stock price on 23 June 2020 (corrected for the gross dividend).
- Contribution period: from 1 to 22 July 2020, 3pm.
- Issuance of the new shares: on or around 28 July 2020.
- Participation in the results: for the entire financial year 2020-2021 which started on 1 April 2020.
Shareholders who fail to communicate their choice will automatically receive their net dividend in cash as from 28 July 2020. Transaction centraliser: KBC Securities.
The financial statements for financial year 2019-2020 have been approved. The GM also granted discharge to the directors and to the statutory auditor in respect of the exercise of their duties under their term of office that ended on 31 March 2020.
The GM further approved the renewal of the mandates of Ms Manon Janssen and Mr Bart Van Hooland as independent director of the Company.
Moreover, the GM approved change of control clause as included in the terms and conditions of the bond issues of June 2019 as well as the proposed renewals of the authorization with respect to the authorized capital and the possibility to acquire own shares. Finally, the articles of association of Gimv were updated in function of the new Belgian Companies and Assocations Code.
• Ex-date of the 2019-2020 dividend: 29 June 2020
• Record date of the 2019-2020 dividend: 30 June 2020
• Start of period for choosing between cash & stock dividend for 2019-2020: 1 July 2020
• End of period for choosing between cash & stock dividend for 2019-2020: 22 July 2020, 3pm
• Payment date of the 2019-2020 dividend: 28 July 2020
• Announcement of 1H 2020-2021 results (01.04.20-30.09.20): 19 November 2020